Translate

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Weekend slouchy hat - Free pattern

Good day internet.
 
 
I thought I'd share my latest little something or other with all of you out there.
I wanted a nice light slouchy hat, since the weather is getting warmer but I needed it to have a little warmth to it so I chose bernat's roving (in flint if anyone is interested)
This project uses pretty much an entire ball of yarn (I had a tiny tiny bit left over.) and a 6.5mm hook.
I also used some 1.5 inch ribbon  I had lying around.




 
The pattern:
Ch 6 sl st to form ring.
Round 1: Ch 4 (counts as first dc here and throughout) *dcin ring, ch 1,* six times, slst to ch 4 space.
Round 2: Ch 4, dc in same space, *ch 1, dc in next space, ch 1, dc in same space* repeat around  slst to ch 4 space.
Round 3: Ch 4, dc in same space, *ch1, dc in next space, ch1, dc in next space, ch1, dc in same space* repeat around. slst to ch 4 space
Round 4: Ch 4, dc in same space, *ch 1, dc in next space, ch 1, dc in next space, ch1, dc in next space, ch 1, dc in same space* repeat around, slst to ch 4 space.
Round 5: ch 4. dc in same space * ch 1, dc in next space, ch 1, dc in next space, ch 1, dc in next space, ch 1, dc in next space, ch 1 dc in same space* repeat around, sl st to ch 4 space.
Round 6 -11 : Ch 4, dc in next space, *ch 1, dc in next space* repeat around, slst to ch 4 space.
round 12: Ch 3 (counts as first hdc here and throughout), hdc in next space and each ch 1 space around (do not hdc in the actual stitched of the last round. just the chain 1 spaces). Slst to chain 3 sp.
Round 13-17, Ch 3, hdc in next stitch, hdc in each stitch around. sl st to ch 3 space. Fasten off at the end of round 17 and weave in ends.
I used 1.5 " Offray robbon in "mudpie" to embellish mine. Just use your crochet hook to weave your ribbon in and out of round 11. I went "over" 2 stitches, "under" 1 around and finished off with a little bow. Burning the cut edges of my ribbon with a lighter to prevent fraying.

PS Sorry for the not so awesome pictures. I posted them via my tablet.

2 comments:

  1. What other yarn substitution could you use? bulky #5 or #6? Thanks for sharing the pattern:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernat roving is a #5 bulky yarn. You could use either if you like,

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete