Translate

Sunday 3 March 2013

Sweet Spring baby hat



It's been a while since I made a new post!

I haven't been working on new patterns lately but I did whip a little something fairly recently to go along with the little star blanket.

It's just a little hat, but it sure is some sweet - so I thought I'd share it with you, internet. 'Cause I love you like that.





What I used:

A small amount of baby weight yarn, doubled. - feel free to use sport or worsted weight
hook to match yarn wieght- I used a 5mm hook
yarn needle.

My hat measures about six inches long and about seven and a half across the brim.
It's meant to be a newborn to three month size. - you can adjust the size by adding or subtracting a few stitches in the beginning round or adding/subtracting a round of increases.

I used a contrasting color on round 9, if you want to do this just join the second color in the slip stitch of the previous round and change back to your main color when you slip stitch round 9 closed.

Chain 4 and slst to form a ring

Round 1: ch3, 14 DC in ring, sl st top of ch 3.

Round 2: Ch 3, Dc in same stitch, *DC in next stitch, 2 DC in next stitch* around. Slst in top of ch 3.

Round 3: Ch 3, Dc in same stitch, *Dc in next stitch, 2 DC in next stich* around. Slst in top chain 3.

Round 4: Ch 3, Dc in same stitch, Dc in each stitch around. Slst in top of chain 3.

Round 5-9: Ch 3, Dc in same stitch, DC in each stitch around, SlSt in top of chain 3

Round 10: Ch 4, dc in next stitch, ch 2, 2 DC in same stitch, Ch1, skip 2 stitches (2 DC, ch2, 2 DC) in next stitch - first shell made, *Ch 1, skip 2 stitches, shell in next stitch* repeat around, slst in third chain of ch4.

Round 11- 13: Chain 4, Dc in first chain 2 space, chain 2, 2 dc in same space *ch1, shell in next ch2 space* repeat around, slst in third chain of ch4.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

I used this pretty little flower to embellish mine and we're done.

A cute, quick little pattern for those warmer days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment